Friday, March 12, 2010

25 December 2009

In an anticipation of our trip to Panama, Dad was treated to some atypical (for him) presents for Christmas. First, I gave him a pair of light hiking shoes and some breathable socks. My sister gave him a pair of light nylon field pants and a breathable, wick-away t-shirt. I also gave him a book on the history of the Panama Canal, because he likes that kind of stuff.

Also during the Christmas holidays we sorted out the final details of our trip. One thing Dad had to do was go through the process of getting his various shots before travelling. We were now just ten weeks from our trip and his excitement hadn't waned, although I was a bit concerned that he wasn't studying the Panama Bird Field Guide at every moment! I had a sneaking suspicion that I was going to have to do most of the bird finding and identification.

No comments:

Post a Comment